|Home||» Products||» Street Electric Light Poles||» Swaged Poles|
- Prevention of accidents
- Increase in safety
- Lighted intersections
- Fittings in various dimensions, lengths and designs
- Fabricated using top quality alloys
- High mast and octagonal poles
- Dimensionally stable
- Abrasion resistant
- Stylish poles
- Residential societies
At Steel Tube Products and Fabricators we fabricate Steel Tubular Swaged Poles as per the Indian Standards based on IS : 2713 - part 1980 - 1161 specifications.
The swaged poles are made of seamless or welded tubes of suitable lengths swaged and joined together. Welded pipes are used as raw materials which are longitudinally welded as per the ISI standards and have only one weld seam. The longitudinal welds are staggered at each swaged joint. When the swaging is done by special process such as rotary or longitudinal die swaging process a circumferential weld shall be deposited at the upper end of the joint (see Fig. 1) at a slope of approximately 45O. The circumferential weld shall be deposited only after the poles are subjected to and conforms to all the test requirements specified in this standard.
The chemical composition of the material is analyzed in accordance with IS:228 (Part III)-1972 and IS:228 (Part IX) 1975#,. It in no means shall show sulphur and phosphorous contents of more than 0.060 percent each.
This modern technology of swaging process introduced by us is the redeeming feature of our product and this swaging process is basically to retain the physical/chemical properties of the raw material and to get the uniform result. The poles shall be cut square and shall be reasonably straight, smooth and cylindrical, the upper edge of each joint shall be chambered off an angle of 45 degree and then the section shall be welded by means of electrodes of ISI make only. The poles shall then be painted with black bituminous paint till the planting depth and remaining portion shall be painted with red oxide primer for protection against Corrission. The poles can also be hot dip galvanized or painted as per the requirements.
- For Lightning of roads and Large areas such as Car Parks, for lightning of roads & large areas such as Car Parks and stock yards IS:2713 (PART II) 1980 IS used.
- For plumbing; G.I. as per IS 1239
- For Fire fighting pipe line; G.I. Pipes as per IS: 1239
- For Scaffolding & Structural purposes; Tubes as per IS - 4923/ IS - 1161
- For Solid waste discharge system; SWR Pipes & Fittings as per IS - 13592/1992
Joint in Swaged Poles are made on the following basis:
Outside Diameter of Smaller Tube in Joint
Length of Joint